Location: NWA-Home office
Business Development Director – Walmart/Sam’s
This role will be responsible to develop the overall Walmart/Sam’s strategy, lead and develop the annual business plans to achieve growth targets. They will own product profitability, trade fund management, expense management and growth of the Walmart/Sam’s business to include core items, development of pricing and sizing strategies and new growth opportunities. The duties require HQ sales calls, daily supervision of assigned accounts, achieving Net sales budget, managing spoils, allowances, and cost of operation within Company guidelines and internal company needs. It is expected that the Walmart/Sam’s Business Development Director has “ownership” of their accounts and is responsible for everything that occurs within the accounts. The goal of achievement is 100% of Net Sales, allowances and spoils within budget goals, meeting company expectations for all accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in retail-related buying, product development and/or sales at a CPG manufacturer or food perishable
- Walmart and Sam’s experience is a must
- Experience working with Walmart and Walmart’s Retail Link data system
- Deep understanding of distributor operations including pricing and discounting
- IRI or Nielsen experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the US-Based retail landscape, solution selling and marketing principles.
- Proven ability to organize and analyze data and information and develop actionable recommendations.
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Request Information About This Position